1. Student Health Center Update (Dr. Amy Gardner, Student Health)
- Always cheaper to go to Student Health Center first! – no charge or co-pay for your visit – however, there are charges for labs, meds, etc. – students using this service helps keep insurance premiums down!
- Convenient access (except West Campus – call to get appointment – parking pass or park in Physician’s Pavilion)
- Medical services: primary care and referrals, pre-immunizations/pre-travel vaccines (pay for vaccines), contraceptives (including IUD for $15, normally $1500!), call for advice – all records hidden to other places at OHSU
- Counseling services: free! – 2 psychologists, 1 part-time psychiatrist – all records hidden to other places at OHSU
- Website under development – can use MyChart to ask for appointment
- Prescription refills through pharmacy
Incidental fees for non-academic activities – committee formed for budgeting fees – makes recommendation for approval by OHSU President, Student Council, and Board of Directors
Committee is taking input on spending at this time (email Jason).
- $1.5 million
- 52% to Student Center (>1/2 for staffing. <1/2>
- 43% to March Wellness
- 5% to Student Council sponsored activities (including donating to the SRF and GSO BBQ)
- Rebate to each school’s government
James McKanna will follow up on the momentum for this agenda by contacting Karen Seresun and Jesse(?), potentially at a Student Center meeting – continue to follow up to get approval from Joe Robertson – Dustin Johnson will help where needed
4. SRF update (Allison Anacker)
- Planning meeting late November – will send out an email requesting volunteers soon
- Speaker Option #1 – should we spend >$3000 on Jorge Cham of Ph.D. comics?
- Speaker Option #2 - Dr. Harriet Hall ("SkepDoc" and blogger on Science-Based Medicine)
- Kristen will find out if we can use funds from OHSU Foundation account for this; council will make the decision
5. Winter/Spring Social Event TBD (Allison Anacker)
Mixed reviews on last year’s student-faculty mixer, but consensus to try again to keep faculty approval
- Better advertising
- Quieter music
- Same food and drink
- Ray Hickey will organize!
- March seems like the best time – St. Patrick’s day?
Discussed ideas with Allison Fryer, including bowling (rent out PSU for $800 including food!), coffee breaks, etc. – will present ideas in written form to VOTE on for December meeting
Next Meeting: Wednesday, December 1 (5:15pm Student Center Media Room).